If you’re thinking about installing a home security system, you might wonder if it is worth the investment. Be sure to consider all of these benefits before making a decision:
- An alarm could prevent you from losing possessions worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. You won’t need to spend weeks searching for suitable replacements.
- If you install a security system, it will also enhance your personal safety. Some intruders behave violently when they encounter people in homes that appear to be vacant.
- Most home insurance companies will provide a discount of around 15 percent if you have a burglar alarm. Furthermore, theft prevention results in fewer claims and lower premiums.
- Security systems deter crime. Just under one-fifth of U.S. homes have this equipment, according to the New York Times. Criminals often go elsewhere because they can easily find buildings without alarms.
- Some systems have features that you could use to monitor any children, elderly relatives, or pets in your home. You can make sure they’re safe when you work or go shopping.
- Numerous homebuyers seek dwellings with modern security systems. If you plan to sell your house in the future, the equipment could accelerate this process while increasing the selling price.
- A burglar alarm will give you peace of mind. You won’t worry about your home as frequently when you travel long distances, spend the night at a friend’s house, or simply take a walk.
- Some alarms can detect smoke and carbon monoxide. Unlike traditional stand-alone detectors, they can notify you or the local fire station by phone.
To sum it up, security equipment safeguards your home, its occupants, and your belongings in several important ways. Contact us today if you’d like a free home security system quote and get a $20 Lowe’s gift card just for letting us tell you about our services.