Early detection is the most critical aspect for warning household occupants and notifying authorities of a possible fire. A fire can smolder for hours and not be noticed or seen by a neighbor or passer by. ProTec’s advanced electronic smoke and heat detection sensors can provide early detection and sound the alarm, awakening those sleeping and others to exit the home to safety. A monitored system will automatically notify the authorities giving vital time to get to the scene when seconds count.
Plan & Practice
Gather your family and establish an escape route for each occupant, maintain fully charged fire extinguishers get rope ladders for upstairs bedrooms and designate a meeting spot in the yard in the event of a fire.
Do you have a gas furnace, stove, water heater or dryer? If not operating properly these appliances can be a source of carbon monoxide.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.
Source Enviromental Protection Agency 3/22/2011
ProTec offers hardwire or wireless carbon monoxide detectors that can easily be programed into the alarm system providing an alarm in the home and notifying responding authorities. If you have gas appliances we highly recommend to install a carbon monoxide detector, whether you purchase from us or your local retailer.