Smart homes make life easier and more convenient — and who wouldn’t want that? No matter where you are, at home, at work, or out on the town, a smart house will alert you to what’s going on, a good reason to have a home security system in case what’s going on is an emergency!
Here are another 7 reasons you’ll love living in a smart home:
- By adding a security system to your smart home controls, you and your family would be woken up in the case of a fire even if the smoke alarms failed. Your smart home would also unlock the doors, dial the fire department and light a path to safety.
- A cooler room is better for sleep, but it’s tough getting out of bed in the morning. Your smart home can warm up the bedroom before you get up so it’s comfy and cozy when you do.
- It will start the coffee maker so your coffee’s ready and waiting for you in the morning.
- If you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, your smart home will light the way for you.
- It will program the TV so your kids can only watch it when you want them to.
- It can instantly create mood lighting for any occasion.
- It can feed your pets for you with a preset amount of food.
A smart home also provides some real energy savings when lights are automatically turned off in empty rooms and rooms are heated and cooled based on being occupied or unoccupied. Some systems can even figure out where the energy hogs are and command them to use less energy.
And depending on programming, a smart home could remind elderly residents when it’s time to take their medicine, alert authorities if they fall and don’t get back up within a set amount of time, and even track their eating habits to ensure they’re getting enough food.
Contact us if you’re interested in learning more about the many advantages of smart home living.